Spring Rolls

by - May 07, 2012


I love spring rolls and I think they are one of really tasty and economical snacks. However, I don't make them often because they are deep fried.  I find making deep frying foods is  absolutely messy. So whenever I make spring rolls, it is really a special treat for my kid. 

Today I am sharing with you my delicious Thai spring rolls recipe.


Thai spring rolls are fantastic. They consist of my 3 favorite things: shredded cabbage, minced pork and vermicelli or spring noodles.  Thai spring rolls are crispy, chewy and succulent.  If you are a true fan of  spring noodles, I guarantee you will love them. 

Making spring rolls is quick and easy as long as you have pre -made wrappers. You can find them in most Asian supermarkets.  

 Ingredients    
60 grams shredded cabbage
70 grams minced pork
50 grams dried spring noodles
1 tablespoon light soy sauce 
1/2 tablespoon oyster sauce 
little sugar 
some oil for stir frying 
10 spring roll wrappers 

Preparation  
1. Cook the spring noodles in boiling water for 1-2 minutes until soft. 
2. Heat the wok with some oil. Add in minced pork, stir fry until is done. Add in shredded cabbage and spring noodles. Season with soy sauce , oyster sauce and sugar. Do few quick stirs. Set aside. 
3. Fill the wrapper with 2-3 tablespoon of filling.
4. Fold over the sides. 
5. Fold up the bottom part of the wrapper to cover the filling and press down slightly.
6. Roll it up and wet the edge with some water. 
7. Deep fry until golden crispy.  Serve them with Thai sweet chili sauce or Thai plum sauce.


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love spring rolls and dip in sweet chili sauce. I haven't had it for a long time and your photo make me crave for some!

    ReplyDelete