Thai Braised Pork Ribs

by - March 26, 2012

Spring has officially sprung in Japan. The temperature gets higher and higher. The air smells fresher and cleaner.  The new green leaves start to show up on the trees after the dry winter. Dozen of plum trees behind my apartment are in full bloom and they are beautiful enough to keep me happy. The signs of life are all around. I love spring and spring always puts me in the best mood out of all the other seasons.  

Though the weather is not cold any more, I am still craving for fatty food. And I think I am losing my resistant.  
   
Today I am sharing with you my Thai braised pork ribs recipe

It's garlicky, peppery, juicy and... fatty. The ribs are marinated with oyster sauce, garlic and pepper and braised until soft, melt in your mouth. You can serve it with a plate of steamed rice or a bowl of noodles. 

You may notice that there are horrible- looking little flowers and leaves from carrots and cucumber just besides the ribs. Well, I have a very least experience in food carving so it is the best I can do. Actually, the last time I  created food art (?) I was still in high school and I thought I was done with that nightmare. Until last 3 weeks, I got two extra sharp carving knives from my mother saying that they should help make vegetables more appealing to my kid. My mother is always right, my  effort really paid off- at least for today!

Thai Braised Pork Ribs

Ingredients 

400 grams pork ribs
5 cloves of garlic, pounded 
some pepper powder
2 tablespoon oyster sauce
1/2 tablespoon light soy sauce
1/2 teaspoon sugar 
2 tablespoon vegetable oil

Preparation 
1. Marinate the ribs with oyster sauce, light soy sauce, sugar, pepper and garlic for 30-45 minutes. 
 2. Heat the frying pan with oil, add in ribs. Fry them until are nicely brown. 
3. Add in some water, cover with a lid, cooking over the low heat until the sauce is thicken and the ribs are tender enough to pull apart with your finger.
4. Serve hot with a plate of steamed rice or a bowl of noodles. 


You May Also Like

2 comments

  1. How have you been Tataya? Wow your braised pork ribs look absolutely delicious - finger licking delicious!! And you really know how to curve veggies just like how Thai chefs do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nami,
    Thanks for stopping by. I have been studying Japanese for the last few months and it did consume most of my time!! However, I enjoyed it so far.
    Many thanks for your lovely words. As I said, I have a very least experience in food carving and I think I need more practice. :-)

    ReplyDelete